I recently saw a photo of this swanky living room and it reminded me of some of my favorite times...A night with the girls!
There is nothing better than having a small group of girls over and sipping on wine, chatting about the latest gossip and snacking on some fabulous finger foods! If I were to have a girls night this week...this is what I would do...inspired by this fabulous room above!
I would start out with an assortment of chilled white wines and champagne. Be sure to set out your best stemware for the girls! I love Riedel glasses and love the way they feel. My favorite glass is their original benchmark glass...the Vinum, but I am loving the shape of these Vinum Extreme glasses as well!
I love to serve on pretty plates. I adore these lovely handmade tapas plates that I found on Etsy.
For those who do not want an alcoholic drink, make a beautiful fresh raspberry lemonade by using frozen concentrate of both with sprite and pour it into pretty pitchers with raspberries and thin sliced lemons floating on the top!
I love finger sandwiches and think these are a great option:
Tomato basil sandwiches
1 pint of cherry tomatoes
8 oz cream cheese softened
1 bunch green onions roughly chopped
1/2 teasp salt
10 fresh basil leaves (more for garnish)
1 loaf thinly sliced white bread
1/4 teasp fresh ground black pepper
1pound bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- Cut the tomatoes in thin slices and place cut side down in a single layer on a paper towel. In a bowl of a food processor combine the cream cheese, green onions, salt and basil and pulse.
- Spread a small amount of the cream cheese mix on a slice of bread and cut into three fingers, crusts removed.
- Top each piece with a layer of tomatoes and season with salt, pepper, crumbled bacon and basil leaf.. Note: I make the cream cheese mix the day before and prepare the bacon and basil early then assemble.
- Smoked salmon coated with a garlic and herb cheese mixture like alloutee's.
- Minced red onion and capers, salt and pepper.
- Roll up and sprinkle with lemon zest.
- In processor blend 1 package of cream cheese with two peeled and seeded cucumbers, 1 to 2 cloves of garlic and 1/4 small sweet onion
- Add quite a bit of fresh dill and process until creamy.
- Season with cayenne, salt and pepper.
Note: This can be made into sandwiches or spread on lovely crackers with a sprig of dill on top.
Until next time!